Saturday, October 29, 2011

Packed.

You would think that I have it figured out by now. I don't. No matter how much I try to keep it to the bare minimal, I usually end up feeling way over packed. The airlines are very strict on your checked bags: L+W+H can't exceed 62" and they can't weigh more than 50lbs. The trick is to fit everything else in you carry-on (pictured left). I'm sitting in the San Francisco airport getting ready for my flight to Shanghai. My sister, Lisa, will be there to pick me up and take me to her place for the weekend. My trip started at 4 A.M. today and by the time it's over I will have been travelling for 22 hours. I'm starting to feel very excited about my time in China. As my good friend Zach told me "you shouldn't not be excited." In about two days I will begin teaching at the Wuxi Guanghua Private School. The plan now is to teach ESL, Geography, and P.E. I'll do my best to keep everyone updated. Keep me in your thoughts.

4 comments:

  1. You shouldn't mention Zach in your posts; it goes to his head. Just for future reference :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pumped for you. You're going to be a really cool/good teacher. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. China's so lucky right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, yeah Jenny, I really had to measure out the pros and cons of mentioning Zach. I'll let you deflate his head. :) Thanks Zach and Emily for the the support!

    ReplyDelete